The Honeycomb e-Marketing Program is a powerful set of email marketing tools. These tools provide a great service
to you and your company when used properly. Visions Design strictly follows the rules of "permission-based" emailing in
accordance with the United States CAN-SPAM laws.
In order to comply with the CAN-SPAM laws, Honeycomb requires all clients take necessary precautions to protect their
company, as well as Honeycomb from being blacklisted by Internet Service Providers (ISPs). Blacklisting will prevent a
company's emails from being delivered. A company may be blacklisted by these ISPs for not obeying basic email rules. These rules
are identified below and are in place to keep the Honeycomb e-Marketing Program working smoothly for all users.
The first safeguard against blacklisting is to always send email marketing to individuals who have "opted in" to receive it.
This is understood as "permission-based" emailing. Permission to email an individual may be obtained in the following ways:
- Through an online subscribe form
- Through an "opt-in" checkbox form
- Through offline collection like a survey or competition when participants are clearly made aware that they will be contacted through email
- If a customer has purchased from your company in the last year
If a person provides your company with their contact information through a business card, email, or the like, and is made aware that your
company will contact them through email
In summation, you can use the e-Marketing Program to contact anyone who has clearly given you permission to email them specifically
in reference to the subject you are contacting them about.
Honeycomb is aware that there are several vendors of "pre-built" email marketing lists. These lists are not in compliance
with the United States CAN-SPAM laws, and are thus not acceptable for use with the e-Marketing Program. With your use of the Visions Design
Studio e-Marketing Program, you are agreeing not to send to any email address which:
- You do not have explicit, provable permission
- You have purchased, rented, or acquired from a third party
- You have not contacted within the last year
- You obtained from the internet
In addition to the above safeguards, Honeycomb requires the following for each email to help prevent being labeled as SPAM:
A prominent, single-click unsubscribe link at both the top and bottom of each email that will remain active for at least 30 days
after the message is sent (automatic with the program)
- A clear subject line that is not misleading, misrepresentative or false in any way
- Clear information about the sender
- Contact information for recipients with questions
- Messages shall not transmit any viruses or programs that may destroy or damage the functionality of a recipients computer
Overall, these safeguards are in place to protect not only Visions Design, but you, our valued customer. By taking precautions against
SPAM early, together we can produce exceptional email marketing campaigns.
If you should have any questions regarding this policy or any part of the program, please contact us at:
Honeycomb Internet Services, LLC - Honeycomb
77 13th AV NE.
Minneapolis, MN 55413